Facts about canine influenza and a new vaccine that’s now available to protect dogs Canine influenza are…
• An emerging threat to the respiratory health of dogs across the US – All breeds and ages are susceptible to infection – Because it’s a new virus, dogs have no natural immunity to it
• Highly contagious and easily spread through: – Direct contact (licking ) –The air (coughing or sneezing) – Contaminated surfaces (picked up on the hands or clothing of a person and then spread when another dog is touched or petted) • Characterized by a persistent cough that may last several weeks, as well as runny nose, watery eyes, and loss of appetite and/or energy • Usually mild, but can progress to a more severe infection or pneumonia in 10% to 20% of cases, and is fatal in up to 8% of sick dogs.
• A concern for owners whose dogs: – Come from a shelter, rescue center, breeder, or pet store– Board at a kennel – Attend dogie daycare or group training – Visit a groomer, dog park, or other places where dogs congregate – Participate in dog events and competitions Canine Influenza Vaccine, Canine Flu Bivalent H3N2 & H3N8 Vaccine
• This vaccine available to aid in the prevention of disease associated with canine influenza. Minimum 2 doses are given & with annual booster.
• Proven to significantly reduce the coughing, severity, and spread of canine influenza infection
• Proven safe; a killed virus vaccine by Merck
Buy 6 FrontlineGold and get 2 Free or Buy 3 and get 1 Free. Your pet must be our patient and current in our records.